Sunday, February 8, 2015

Strength Training With TOPS Athletics

It’s only six weeks until the Wrightsville Beach Quintiles Half Marathon and two months until my first 70.3 IRONMAN in Florida! I am super excited as this year’s race season approaches. I’m very fortunate to have TOPS Athletics guiding in my physical development. When I first began my training with Montae, my personal trainer, I quickly realized that there’s a lot more to strength training than just lifting weights. It’s one thing to develop your main muscle groups but it’s another thing entirely to work on the stabilizers. The first few weeks with Montae I can't even explain how sore I was every day. I soon learned to embrace that soreness… using it to strengthen me mentally, embracing the pain and owning it!
Thanks for following me on my journey to the 2015 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship in Austria.
Brandon Nix

No comments:

Post a Comment